We have had very little internet access over the past few days, so please be patient as students continue trying to contact you and send photos. We literally have 5-minute "pops" of access. Early this morning I had written a blog and attached photos, but it was lost in cyberspace abyss when we lost our internet connection . . . however, that is not why we are in Haiti. Our focus is not to upload pictures of our adventures or to write about our daily life. Yes, we want to do that, but it is not our focus. Our focus is to meet Jesus daily and ask for His guidance as we love our new Haitian friends and family. Our students have been so precious! There has been lots of the following:
painting classrooms, holding babies, jumping rope, feeding children, reading to children, hugging children, running with children, playing soccer, unloading and organizing donated supplies, etc. Every night we have a big team devotion, and I can't describe the Holy Spirit's presence during that time. The spiritual insights, wisdom, and humility of our teenagers is beyond anything I could have imagined. God's presence is overwhelming! I can barely sleep because of the work HE is doing in our hearts. What a privilege and treasure to behold the miracle of God's work in a human heart!
Love and blessings to all!
In His Grip,
Shelley (aka:GG)
No comments:
Post a Comment