Honestly, I've tried, again and again, to write what I'm thinking and feeling.. but each time I just delete it...
So here's what the Lord's given me the last two days to cling to.. I hope it blesses you.
"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever. He is the Spirit of truth. The world is unable to receive Him because it doesn't see Him or know Him. But you do know Him, because He remains with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I am coming to you."
~John 14:15-18
It's His promise.
He has sent His promised Holy Spirit, and oh He is glorious!
He didn't leave us as orphans and He didn't leave them as orphans. His Spirit is surrounding the them and filling every place. He's been there since the beginning of time and has been singing over our sweet babies before them could breathe. He takes great delight in giving them His goodness. Psalm 23:6
My whole body aches to hold those sweet babies. I want to love them. I want to "adoption" every single one. I want to hear Danika call me "Mama" and never have to wonder if she ever really will have a mama... I still hear them crying at night. When I pray, I reach to hold them just to realize that they are no longer there and I'm in American again...
I'm a foreigner. I am a stranger in a strange land.
However...As much as my heart aches, He is revealing the eternal purpose for our time there.
Though it was so so so short.. eternally, it has no measure. Ever prayer, every tickle fight, every act of love, every song of worship, every giggle, every promise or prophesy spoken affected eternity.
That has no measure and cannot be contained.
Our God is big. He is so big.
Bigger than my heart, bigger than my mind or my wildest dreams. Bigger than time. Bigger than earthquakes. Bigger than poverty. Bigger than circumstances or miles.
I choose to focus on that.
That's what joy is.
It's not always giggles and smiles. It's acknowledging Him as bigger than the situation regardless of the situation.
He is so big. He hold every single child, nanny, pastor, missionary, and translator.
He holds them.
He is so big.
That enough reason for us to praise Him for all eternity. He is bigger!
I am overwhelmed by His goodness in showing me part of His heart this last week, and so thankful for giving me a teeny-tiny part in His big beautiful plan.
"Finally, be strengthened by the Lord and by His vast strength."
Ephesians 6:10
Humbled by His Vastness,
Sarah Bethany
No comments:
Post a Comment