I named this post "Thoughts" not realizing that there really is no way for me to possibly capture the actual thoughts I have been having the three days that we have been in Haiti. I don't believe there is a dictionary that contains the words to describe the emotions and experiences we have felt and undergone.
I feel emotionally drained yet emotionally strengthened. I have worked with and at an orphanage in China, so I thought I knew what it would be like and I that I was prepared for being here. I was right and wrong. The language barrier has been difficult but we are blessed with an amazing translator plus most of the kids can speak bits of English, some rather well.
I have always believed that "LOVE" is a language that can be understood regardless of your nationality or what dialect you speak and this belief has been reassured for me. I have absolutely loved playing with the children here..and just simply letting them sit in my lap and letting them play with my rings (which they are fascinated with)
Its probably strange..but although I don't know the language and I am obviously about as white as you can get.
I have always believed that "LOVE" is a language that can be understood regardless of your nationality or what dialect you speak and this belief has been reassured for me. I have absolutely loved playing with the children here..and just simply letting them sit in my lap and letting them play with my rings (which they are fascinated with)
Its probably strange..but although I don't know the language and I am obviously about as white as you can get.
I do not feel out of place here.
I have a reading partner the few days that we are here and her name is Rickza. She is beautiful.
She is smart, cute and funny..and rather ticklish. I wish I could take her home with me. I couldn't help but be brought to tears this afternoon when she was sitting on my lap in a rocker chair and staring up at me with her big black eyes. I wish I could change things. I wish I could place every single one of these children in a wonderful Christian home. I wish I could do that now. Its difficult for me to place them in the hands of Jesus and trust their lives with Him. (I like to run things) its a constant battle, but..at the same time. I know I don't have the power to do that so all I can simply do is pray for them and show them God's love. It's a humbling yet uplifting experience. I cant really explain it.
I miss my family a lot but I know that I am supposed to be here. Being away from all the comforts lousy America holds for six short days is a price too small to pay, just to be here in Haiti. My team made my birthday absolutely wonderful! At breakfast they had gifts prepared for Sarah and I (it was her 18th as well) and tonight they made us Mexican food and had a legit Haitian birthday cake. I love them.
The next few days are going to go by so fast I don't and wont even think about that now. I can say one thing though, I will be back here.
The next few days are going to go by so fast I don't and wont even think about that now. I can say one thing though, I will be back here.
"He knows when a sparrow falls from the
sky
He knows these children by name and he hears their
cry
He holds each one and feels their heartbeat
day and night
He knows when they're alone, scared and too tired to
fight
He shows His love and holds their hands
through you and I He can"




No comments:
Post a Comment