Saturday, July 9, 2011

Haiti through the eye of a camera lens.

Today has been beautiful. I am still at a loss of words to tell you how I really feel. So instead of babbling I decided to just share some photos I have taken...oh and an unforgettable memory that was made today.
I was sitting in the back of a truck with Rickza on my lap. We were talking as best as we could and laughing when another little girl walked up to us. She stopped and stared into my eyes with a curious look on her face and asked in broken English "Today you no cry?" I smiled and said "no" she cocked her head sideways and crossed her arms....and with an expression I cannot put into words she asks, "Why you cry for Rickza?" and before I could answer her she said "You love Rickza" 

Moments like these cannot be forgotten. 





,











1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for posting the thoughts, and photos! It really helps get a picture of what you all are encountering ... as well as the bonding among you all ... and helps me pray with thanks and some modicum of intelligence. Love to you all (especially Lois and Jonathan) and all the kids, nannies and administration in Jesus' name.

    ReplyDelete