Most of my life I have felt such strong mixed emotions about going into missions, at times I seem to make myself physically sick with my internal battle. I did not realize until quite recently the main issue I had was resting in my love of possessions.
A cool lamp. All my books. The major overload of memorabilia and pictures that cover my walls ..... And my piano.
As most of you may know my past week in Haiti was spent with no material possessions of my own other then the clothes on my back, my Bible, a steel drum, and a small bag of banana chips. Despite the little I personally had, I was blessed with friends willing to loan me what I needed, a roof over my head, and a reassurance that I have Christ as my comforter, protector, healer, great reconciler, and provider.
The majority of people in Haiti, (if you can even quantify them by saying "majority" when practically all Haitians) live life without such things.
I still have little idea what exactly the Lord wants me to do with these eye opening looks in the proverbial mirror, but I will pray and trust He makes His path clear to me.
- Allyanna (HallieAnne)
No comments:
Post a Comment